Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gene

Had he lived to see this day, Gene Roddenberry would be 88 years old today. While I have taken the occasional opportunity to disagree with some of his politics and philosophy, I wanted to take the opportunity today to say how much I really appreciate what he did.

The act of creation is usually painful - the struggle to bring into this world something that you love is a feeling that I've been very familiar with. Even though nothing I've done has reached the state of acclaim that Mr. Roddenberry's has, I feel I can appreciate what it must have taken from him to bring us things like Star Trek.

Congratulations, well done, and thank you, Gene. I hope you're enjoying your "mission...to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before."

No comments:

Post a Comment